Most mentoring teams will be matched online through our matching process.
ZMP3 participants will receive an email from the online matching website. Within the website, you will have the opportunity to enter your name, contact information, and the distance you are willing to travel to mentor. Mentees will examine the list of mentors in their area and will request mentors through the team matching website.
As you are getting to know your potential mentee, consider the following:
- Are you available on the same days / times?
- Do either one of you have practice space, or can you find space?
- Are you close enough geographically to meet five times?
- Do you both have adequate time during the pilot timeframe to meet?
- Do either of you have vacations or other time constraints during the pilot timeframe?
- Do you feel the mentee needs the skills that the pilot is designed to teach (i.e. if their only desire is to strengthen their marketing materials or ask for advice in buying a studio, that's out of scope)?
We hope to do as much matching as possible using our online matching process. However, there may not always be a perfect match between the locations of our mentors and mentees. If there isn't a geographical match for you during our call for participants, you may still participate as a mentor, perhaps as a remote mentor to a mentee who lives far away. This mentoring process could take place mostly through phone calls, emails, social media chats and/or videos.