August 2, 2016
MIAMI, FL–(Marketwired – August 02, 2016) – From July 28-31, 7,500 Zumba® instructors traveled from 90+ countries to embark on a life-changing weekend packed with trainings, master classes, concerts and celebrations at the 2016 Zumba® Instructor Convention in Orlando. Most importantly, global dance fitness leader, Zumba®, celebrated 10 years of the Zumba® Instructor Network (ZIN™), a growing community of fitness and dance professionals from 186 countries who have made Zumba® an integral part of their lives.
“Zumba continues to be a growing movement because of our amazing instructor community, who inspire millions of people every second of every day,” said Zumba® creator Beto Perez. “It’s not common to see this type of passion and commitment in the fitness industry, and this week was a special opportunity for us to honor all they’ve done and will continue to do for the next decade.”
Throughout the weekend, special performances and events took place, including:
- A beautiful Orlando Pulse Nightclub tribute for survivor Angel Colon and all those who we remember; special appearance from the officer who saved him.
- Dance performance from 7-year-old viral dance sensation from the Philippines, Balang, who stated he wanted to become a Zumba® Instructor on The Ellen Show. Zumba presented him with a special instructor certification.
- Zumba® Fitness-Concert™ featuring headline performances by Grammy award-winning producer Timbaland with R&B/Pop girl group Obs3ssed, reggae superstar Shaggy, Dominican singer-songwriter Wilfrido Vargas, Max Pizzolante and J-Pop/R&B singer AISHA.
- A performance celebrating a decade of dance featuring instructors who have been teaching Zumba® classes for 10 years, led by Zumba® creator Beto Perez.
- Official launch to instructors of Zumba’s brand new music-led, HIIT-inspired program, STRONG by Zumba™.