Hello! I'm Lisa Santiago
I've been a ZIN™ Instructor for over ten years now and I LOVE helping people learn to feel free and have fun by simply moving in a way that is re-energizing. This article, published in the Iowa Source
, helps explain a bit more about our super-fun class (click on title): You Should Be Dancing (by M. Siemsen).
I HAVE ATHLETIC & DANCE TRAINING to KEEP YOU SAFE * As a competitive gymnast, I moved on to take a variety of classes in ballet, jazz, ballroom dance, martial arts, and kickboxing throughout college. * In addition to my studies, I choreographed and performed Afro-Jazz styles as a member of the OmniMov Dance Troupe, and Latin dances for the annual Copacabana show at the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana.* I am happy to work with you to develop moves that target the areas you want to focus on slimming, strengthening or tightening!
FOCUS ON LATIN DANCING FOR A LIFE OF HEALTH & FITNESS without pain! * Before I entered graduate school, my family took what would be our last "all-family vacation" to visit my grandma in Puerto Rico. I ate non-stop. I ate so much that I earned the title of "E.M." (that lovingly stands for "Eating Machine"). In addition to eating, I also went salsa dancing with my uncles every night (except Sunday of course). Guess what? When I returned home a week later, even though I ate more food than I could remember, I was 7 pounds lighter! * After that vacation, I placed my physical fitness focus on learning, teaching and choreographing Latin dances. Throughout the completion of my Master's Degree, I taught, choreographed and performed a variety of Latin dance forms including Salsa, Cha-Cha, Plena, Merengue, Conga, and the Argentinean Tango for audiences of up to 500 people.
ALL OF THIS BROUGHT ME TO ZUMBA -I am like you, I LOVE FOOD and I hate diets!
* There is no better way to stay in shape in a manner that is fun and exciting with every step.
* I love dancing and sharing Zumba with everyone.
* People in my class say they like that I take time to teach the steps and I don't leave them behind.
* Every class feels like a party!
* You don't have to know how to dance. I keep it simple while still getting a good sweat!
* Just move your body and follow my lead. I won't let you down.
* I'm proud to be a "senior" closer to the age of 60 than 50 now :) This is low impact! We don't jump around...we dance!
* I keep it safe to protect your joints!
* You will burn calories without feeling like it's "work"!
* Zumba is my answer to staying healthy while remaining the "E.M." of my family!
TAKE A CLASS FOR FREE!!! * Join us in West Burlington for a free class - Just to give it a try! * Click on the "Class Details" link above. It helps to feel welcomed and know what to expect as soon as you walk-in!
SCHEDULE A CLASS FOR A FUN LUNCH SESSION or CONFERENCE break-out session
Click "Contact Instructor" to send me an e-mail and I'll get in touch with you about scheduling a class.
Try it. You will have a blast!
I look forward to meeting you!
*******If you have questions, please send me a message!*******